This morning we got our first frost. To many of you this might not be any big deal. In fact it might of been weeks ago for some of you. I know a friend of mine is expecting snow in the next few weeks even. For me it was a big deal because it was the first time I had to scrap my windshield in a long time. I might of had to do it once last winter, and I can't help but feel more at home now that I have to do it. I am sure it is only a matter of time before I resent getting up 5 minuets earlier, but for now, I derive a certain pleasure from it.
I need to thank my buddy Carl for a fun time on Saturday afternoon this past weekend. Carl and I were run-down-shack-mates in Texas last year. He is now in seminary at St. Minrads in SW IN so we meet up in Louisville for the afternoon on Saturday. We found a Geo-Cache next to the worlds largest White Castle. No I did not eat there. I am proud to say I have never eaten at a White Castle and wish to say that on the day that I die. We went to mass at a local church and also ate at a really good BBQ place. I forget the name, but if you are ever in Louisville you should eat there.
There is one lady at morning prayer that always call me Ed. Now I can understand why one might get my father and I confused for one another, afterall we are both dashingly hansome. What I found so funny is that she met dad once or twice and every week since then I have to tell her my name is Andy and that my father is Ed. So, dad, when you come back we can have some fun with the old church ladies.
I am happy to report that there is not much else to report right now. Things are starting to slow down here at camp, and this is my favorite time of the year. I am playing a game to see how long I can go without turning on the heater in my appt. So if you are planing on comming for a visit I might suggest layers.
Keep up the fight
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Uno likes 68 Degrees and a fleece blanket!
Wow... we have not even had our first frost yet...I thought it was going to be a bit warmer there then it is in Iowa...
or you can tell which one has made a lasting impression on the church ladies.
As you know, Andy, I appreciate news of the first frost. You'll be happy to know that Christopher and I went skiing on campus again today -- it was delicious.
Post a Comment