Monday, September 22, 2008

Barbra Bush, GPS, and Irish Fest

So when I was leaving mass on Saturday night I got a little tap on the shoulder.

Yes Mam?
Hi, I'm Barbra Bush I don't think I have met you.
My name is Andy, What did you say your name was again?
Barbra Bush
Well it is nice to meet you mam, I hope you have a nice day.

Friday night I went to Indy to the Irish Fest. Molly, Sara, Abbey, and I meet a few summer staffers at the Fest and had a great time. They have Irish Fest once a year downtown Indy in the big city park. There are three live music stages and a lot of really neat shops selling all kinds of Irish goods from hats to kilts. I also watched a sporting event. I am not sure what it was but it was a mixture of golf, soccer, quittage, and alcohol (but I already told you it was an Irish game so I guess the alcohol is redundant). As typical for me is sporting events, much of what was going on was lost on me, but that did not stop me from becoming a sidelines expert. Switching gears, if you did not have on a kilt then you were not a real man. No, I did not have one on, but if I had the several hundred dollars to buy one then I would of. Some of you may know that I dabbled a bit in cultural anthropology in college so naturally there was the academic curiosity of trying the Irish food and beers. I felt it was important to really dive into the whole experience. I understand why they dance so much now.

In case you were wondering, the "Boys Toy Store" in Nashville sells cigars, sports memorabilia, and t-shirts, not items of a more questionable nature. One never knows in Nashville.

This weekend was also a first for me. It was the first time I went Geocaching. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeoCaching
There are 7 caches in the state forest close to us so we went out to see how many we could find. In the course of about 5 hours we found 1. We found the place where the second one was supposed to be, but it was gone. We also might of spent a few hours in the playground competing in the All Around State Forest Olympics. You will be proud to know that the US team beat the China team to take the Gold in the last round.

For the sake of keeping you updated on old post I should also let you know that now have my Indiana license. I am glad to have round one done. Now onto getting my new plates and then my CDL. Typing of cars reminds me. My car is in the shop with what they said will be a 400, 800, or 1200 repair. Let's all pray for the 400.

I also wanted to take a moment before I close this post to give a shout out to an ego maniac friend of mine. This individual wanted me to let the world know that we have created a new mission statement for our friendship and that the goals and objective portion of the visioning process will begin shortly.

Keep up the fight.

No comments: