Monday, March 9, 2009

1000 Words

Sometimes photos say more then we ever could. I think this recent photo of my dear friend Ryan really does say a lot about my weekend in Chicago.

I will give you some details just in case the picture leaves you wanting more.

Friday night I took the Megabus up to Chicago from Indy. The ride was nice and if you have some flex in your schedule you might want to check into it. Ryan met me at the stop and we crashed after a long week for work for both of us and got ready for Saturday's festivities.

Our first stop on Saturday was the Dunkin' Doughnuts. It was right by the bus stop and it had been a long time since I had a doughnut. We boarded the bus and headed to the Adler Planetarium. Neither one of us had ever been but it was really neat. There was an old globe from 1913 that you could sit inside and hole were punched in to make the night sky and it turned around you which was really neat. We also saw a few shows and played with an inferred heat sensor camera. Just in case it was ever in question Ryan and I did confirm the fact that we are both hotties with the camera. One of us is a bit hotter then the other... but that is beside the point.

We then took a ride up Michigan Ave. and went to go see Slumdog Millionaire. Not at all what I was expecting which was good. I thought it was some gangster drug movie. Obviously I had never seen the previews. I was glad we went and if you are looking to go to a movie it is worth checking out.

We then headed back up to Ryan's neighborhood and at a place called Punjabi's. It was a Ty place and was actually pretty good. Ryan is good friends with the owner so we talked to him for a bit. They call him the Blue Elephant for some reason which I though was a great nickname. You can call me Red Elephant if you want, I think that would be cool also.

After Punjabi's we hit the bars. Well two bars. One which only took cash so I had to drink another beer while Ryan went to the ATM to get cash and another one which had amazing desserts. We had S'mores thing which was amazing. One of the best desserts I have ever had in my life.

After a short night of sleep we got up and headed off to Mass followed by a lovely breakfast (see above) at a local dinner. After walking home in the rain we both took a little nap and then it was off to the bus stop to head back home.

Ryan is a wonderful host and if you are ever in Chicago and need a place to stay I am sure he would love to have you. Just tell him I sent you.

Keep up the fight

No comments: