Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thingy

This is my new roommate. I know what you are thinking. Why did Andy go out and buy a rodent to make his place smell even worse? Well I didn't buy it, I am a foster parent. One of our program staff owns this genie pig (Thingy). It is against camp policy to have pets live on camp so I said I would keep it.

Now why did I say I would keep it? Well it says in the bible, "It is not good for man to be alone." ~ Genesis 2:18

It is time I learned to share my space once again. I have become a creature a habit and comfort and a roommate is just what I need.

Well maybe I said yes because at one point last year I was thinking about getting a fish. I mean I stare at the wall a lot I might as well stare at a fish that moves.

There might have been some compassion in helping another person, but lets not go to far with giving me altruistic credit.

Perhaps when I said yes 6 months ago I thought Thingy might of kicked the bucket by now, relieving me from any obligation.

There are many rumored reasons why, but as Kant says, a man can never truly understand his motives for action.

Welcome to your new home Thingy, I hope you like it hot in the summer and cold in the winter because I am too cheap to run the air or heater.

Keep up the fight

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Maybe you "adopted" thingy because of its uncanny resemblance to you?

Seth said...

Perhaps Thingy is representative of a deeper longing for bone of your bone and flesh of your flesh.

In any event, perhaps you, like Adam, could give it a suitable name.

Anonymous said...

It would be my hope that in an effort to keep yourself and "Thingy" warm this coming winter, you don't let it sleep with you! NOT a good idea, you are the bigger!

Molly Mc said...

Yes! :) I'm glad to see you finally got one. Even if you are just the foster parent.