Thursday, September 17, 2009

Crankshaft Sensor

This object to the right is a crankshaft senor... I think. I don't really know for sure because I am not a mechanic. It could be a airbag senor that was labeled wrong when I did my Google image search, but that doesn't really matter for the point of the story.

I want to take you back to Monday morning. I got out of bed and went to St. Agnes for morning prayer. If I ever skip morning prayer, it is on Monday, but I made it this week. So I pulled into the parking lot, put my car in reverse to park and it dies. Won't start. No big deal I will go into prayer and when I come out it will be fine. Nope. I have Ray give me a ride home, thanks again Ray, and grab my scooter and head to work.

Let me back up. Why was I in my car to begin with? Well I had a spiritual direction appointment in Bloomington that I was going to go to right after morning prayer.

I got out to work and went to talk to CB. CB is a great guy. He grew up in the area, knows a lot of people and is our property manager. He calls his mechanic buddy and he said sure, he can have a look at it. So we meet him at the car, he plugs in his computer and it said crankshaft senor error. No big deal he said, we will toe it to my shop, it is one screw, have it done this afternoon. Great, get er done.

Tuesday morning I see CB, we call Mark (his friend) and it was not the senor, maybe it is the wiring, he will give me a call.

Wednesday... no phone call, but I figure he is a busy man and I have my scooter so no big deal.

Today, not the wire but may be the whole computer. Awesome!! Anyone have a spare one of those hanging around? Nope but if we go to the store, buy one and it is not the computer they will not take it back so I will have a spare one.

You (as in you the person who is reading this right now) may or may not know that tomorrow I am supposed to leave on a little vacation, and no, Sara, I am not going to take my scooter. Maybe vacation will get pushed back a week.

*****Sensitive Readers Beware*****Foul Language Alert****
Now I trust CB and by extension trust Mark, but I can't help but feel like in the grand scheme of things I am getting my shaft cranked a bit.
***** Foul Language Over****

Keep up the fight

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok... That last little bit made me roll with laughter.

And I'll have to say "crankshaft" for you sometime like a character in a C-grade movie said it once. It's stuck with me.

CAmPgiRl said...

Well I am sorry that your shaft may possibly be getting cranked...However (and I do not know when your vacation is supposed to happen) PERHAPS this is a sign to be sure you are in Nashville when one of the world's most awesome Abbeys comes to visit!! :D

Anyway, hope your car feels better.

Chris Topher said...

Aaaah, man. Hurry up and get to the cheese state.