Tuesday, January 5, 2010

IOWA

Well I lied. I am not going to post the answers to the quiz because I deleted the email it came in. Sorry about that, but if you really care you can email me and I will do what I can to help you find the answers. *****UPDATE***** A concerned reader got the answer for me and they are posted below.

I have returned to the state of Indiana and am ready to share a few highlights of the trip to Iowa. They are in no particular order or ranking and I know I will miss some great moments, but it is a list none the less.

  • Seeing family: Mom, dad, sister, grandmas and even an aunt and uncle
  • Time with the Loaders
  • Card games at many tables
  • -20 degrees... leaving it would be the highlight
  • Loader #1 Mac and Cheese (see photo) that he has been cooking up since 2006
  • Helping drink a case of wine
  • Seeing some friends in Indy
There were of course many other wonderful things about the state. All the corn and snow made me feel at home. It really is the small things.

Keep up the fight

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Lovin' Mac & Cheese!

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you made it back! By the way, the wind chill in Iowa last night was -30, Just see what you escaped!