Friday, February 27, 2009

Here Comes Andy Appleseed

Last night was produce night at my place. Really Andy, what does that mean? Well it means that I went to the store and decided I was in the mood for some fruit and veggies so I spent an hour last night cutting, slicing and skinning all kinds of wonderful fruits and veggies.

Apples were one of the main fruits I did last night. What did I do with them? I dehydrated them. I got 5 pounds of apples and set to work preparing them for dehydration with my new apple corer, slicer and peeler my mom and dad got me for Christmas. Let me tell you that thing is great. It used to take me about 45 to fill up the dehydrator when I cut the apples by hand. That was even with the help of a corer and the slices where always odd shapes and never the same size which made the dehydration process take a lot more time. Not so anymore. Guess how long it took me to fill the 5 trays. (I was going to make you guess with a new poll but I will just tell you.) 10 minutes and I was done. It is amazing.

In addition to now having apple ring snacks my apartment also smells amazing right now. I am going to have to do this once a week.

Keep up the fight

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can peel, core, & slice my apples whenever. Come on down!

Anonymous said...

Glad to know our gift was so useful!!