So I was going to sign up for Twitter the other day, but then I remembered that I am currently in a neglecting wave with my blog so a new platform for electronic communication might not be the best idea. I must admit the concept of twitter does fascinate me, but I have yet to figure out how it is really that much different from just sending a plain text message.
Steve (a gentleman I work with) and I have been having some good conversations about electronic media. He has Facebook and I have a blog so I guess it all comes out in the warsh. He thinks that the next wave of e-media will be video. So instead of sending texts to everyone telling them what we are doing we will send videos of us actually doing it. I got to admit, I think his claim has a lot of merit. We as young Americans are rather lazy and I have often wondered when texting would become to much of a burden for us to handle. I am not sure if he has this idea registered, but if not you guys out their in the cage of words should get on it.
After I reject Twitter I starting thinking about Facebook, so after many years of resistance I decided to get a Facebook account. Yes, I am deceiving you. I in fact did not join Facebook but I can help but have a little fun every now and then.
I also debated the merits of looking into an I-phone. I quickly decided that I am not really sure how an I-pod, or for that matter I-anything, works so I am not going to be up-grading any time soon on that front either.
It amazes me just how far "behind" in technology I am sometimes. Then I stop and remember that technology is created to help us. I can't help but wonder how many people in the world have been hurt by technology. Now I am not advocating throwing away all technology, or really any at all, I just wonder how many people out their are hindered not helped by all the technology in their life.
Happy Easter
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I wish my iPod could make phone calls...
Actually, I've been lusting after an iPhone for some time. Also a 50-inch HDTV and a DVR.
My heart leapt with joy when you said you'd signed up for Facebook. But alas you lied.
I'm so e-savvy, that I ALREADY SEND VIDEO OF MYSELF DOING WHATEVER IT IS THAT I'M DOING.
Twitter is stupid, it's just got a lot of famous endorsees who don't know how to work the internet function on their phone to update their Facebook/Myspace statuses, like the hip kids do.
And the iPhone?
Too breakable. I'll stick with my Samsung and iPod mini... which still works and holds more than those dorky little nanos.
And if feel Seth's heartbreak on the Facebook front. You need one! How else will you see all those pictures I posted of you?
Andy you not having a facebook makes me sad in the face. Seth and I have it on the agenda to talk about that this weekend.... Jessie I would like to be your facebook friend to see these pic.
Post a Comment