Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tits on a Boar

I got the ok from my landlord to paint my apartment. I will be less then helpful in this process, but I know that my mother is great at picking out colours, my father is great at painting, my sister is a pro at opening a cold beer after a long day of hard work and grandma is a wonderfully critical supervisor, so I have no doubt they will do a great job painting when the visit in a few weeks.

In other news, we just got the Internet back at camp. It had been out since last Friday and I am sorry for the disruption it has caused in your lives. I know there are countless (5ish) readers who daily log onto A Cage of Words to get the latest news from Nashville and around the world.

I also had a good meeting with my spiritual director today and he had a good line about prayer I thought I would share with you all. We don't pray to inform God of our needs, we pray to humble ourselves in asking for what we need. Interesting....

Well I am off to go find something for dinner. All the groups are out at cookouts tonight so I dig through leftovers and go home early.

Keep up the fight

4 comments:

Liz said...

I don't feel like I got enough credit in this entry! True. I am good at opening the beer but I am SURE I could paint-given the chance. :-) Can't WAIT to see your place in two weeks!

Liz said...

PS! I am now a "follower" of your blog. That's how MUCH I love ya!
:-)

Anonymous said...

Seems to me I've heard that beginning phrase somewhere before! Meaning useless, perhaps but NOT a good desciptive phrase for this cage of words! Yes I'm a "follower", too. That wise counselor who told you about not telling God what we need, must have made the suggestion for me!

Pat said...

My week has been empty without a post. Words cannot describe the sadness I would feel when I would come to the site and see sprouts. My world is balanced again.

No reader poll for room colors like the bike?