Friday, November 13, 2009

Big Doins in Nashville

Last weekend mom and dad came to town and there were some big purchases made in the life of Andy Miller. I am not going to say I was parent pressured into them, but mom and dad were a moving force in a few of them.

The first of the purchases was a new recycling center for my closet. I like this one because the bins come out and they have nice and big handles. This way I can presort and then take it in to the big recycling center when ever a tub gets full. Here in Nashville you have to sort the paper according to the weight. Office paper, newsprint and cardboard all have to be in their own container or they will not take any of it. Oddly enough though you can mix all the plastic, glass and tin you want and they do not care at all about that. With this new bin system there will be no more big sorting days in my apartment where paper is all over the place. I can't tell you how much I am enjoyed using it so far, but then again most of you know how excited I get about things like this so I don't need to tell you.After sleeping on an old mattress that I had to put down two blankets on to keep the springs from poking me, it was time to get a new one. In fact this was my Christmas present from mom and dad to me. It is a great mattress. It is nice and firm and also has the pillow top so it is also nice and soft and cuddly. It has taken me a few nights to get used to it, but when I am gone this weekend I know I will miss it a lot. Speaking of beds and sheets check out the new poll on the right. I know it has been a long time since I had one of those up.

Now last, and by no means least, A NEW CAR, said in the way they do it on the Price is Right. That's right I got a new Toyota Corolla. As you can see, unless blind or colour blind, it is silver. I got a good deal on financing (1.9) and a ton of money on my old Saturn ($800). It is nothing to fancy, but I do have automatic windows and lights. I refuse to buy a car without auto windows and now that I have one with auto lights it will be hard if I ever have to go back.

Keep up the fight.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT! That group of storage shelves looks like something we all need! I could use a mattress like that one! Maybe a fantastic "Chick" may take a second look at you in the sporty new car. Have fun.

CAmPgiRl said...

Yay to all your purchases and NICE car!

Seth said...

I change my sheets every two weeks. Judging by the options in your poll, you've never considered such a frequent schedule.

Mom said...

Taking the liberty of speaking for your expansive groups of readers, there is no "r" is wash!

Maggie Moore said...

Miller....do tell us....how often DO YOU change your sheets? I fear the answer but must know the truth

Ryan said...

1) I can't wait to throw something in that recycling bin. Hotness!

2) I can't wait to jump on the new mattress and break'er in good.

3) I can't wait to ride in the new silver (no, I am not color blind) car.

Pat said...

Big changes in little Nashville! Looking forward to riding shotgun in the silver bullet from Knoxville to Pigeon Forge - only 4 months away.