Friday, November 20, 2009

The GRE pants

No I am not turning into my friend ClairE who used to say pants after everything to make it sound funny.

I think I am going to take the GRE this spring. Why, I am not sure. I think grad school could be in my future, but I have no idea when, where or what for. Now you might be rolling your eyes and thinking that this is just the next phase I am in and you are probably right. After all you have seen me go through my white water kayak, law school, St. Meirads and several other phases with no action. I did however buy a scooter and continue to go hunting for no apparent reason so I do stick with some phases.

So if you have any study prep books or anything like that let me know. Should I have thought of this when my sister was working for a test prep agency? Yes, but I didn't so back off.

In other news, my mom got me a new pair of pants a few weeks ago and I really like them!! The might be the most comfortable pair of pants I have ever had. They are better then jeans.

Keep up the fight

6 comments:

Claire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claire said...

While studying for the GRE why don't you focus on spelling. My name ends with an E. Seriously, good luck. That's an ambitious step!

Ryan said...

I agree with Claire that graduate schools generally prefer someone who can spell. Good luck!

Nick said...

Andy,

dno't let these nay sayyers get you down. I no wat it is like to spell pooreley. I took the GRE just before leaving Camp Gray and scored OK. I did not study at all because I figured it was a test designed to see what I had learned over a long period of time. If I were to do it again, I would have used a resource that had information specifically about the GRE's tricks. But not worried about content. I took the entire test on the computer, and did not realize that it had a little calculator icon to use for the math section. I did all the computations by hand. I wish I could redo that section. I say go for it!

Mom said...

I'm pretty sure I've commented enough on the spelling idea. I'm thrilled about the pants. IF I remember correctly, I pretty much had to drag you into the store, so gald you like them!!!

Pat said...

Thoughts of test taking to get into grad school of some sort makes me shudder a little bit.

I hope that the new pants are comfortable enough to wear for Thanksgivign without becoming too constricting - the choice of Thanksgiving pants is a big decision.