I have a case of the Mondays. It was a long weekend packed full of many events. I think I am going to have to take a nap this afternoon. Maybe I should get a Murphy bed for my office.
It all started way back on Friday morning. We all headed up to the OPC (big dinning hall) to decorate for Christmas. Now I am sure many of you are wondering why I was invited to decorate anything, that is a valid point and I am sure it was just a common courtesy. A few days later would show that all the decorations I put up either fell down, or where mocked. Sorry mom, I just never picked up your talent for decorating.
Why were we decorating the OPC? Well it was the summer staff party. About 30 staff came back and spent the night playing games, making bookmarks for an exchange, and feasting on all of Ruth's great cooking. We also broke up the ice on the pond and had a polar plunge on Saturday morning. Yes, I did plunge. No, it was not in my speedo.
As if that was not enough to tire me out for a week I also went to the Colts vs Lions game on Sunday up in Indy. Our Ex. Dir. here at CYO is one of the guys who runs the chain gang on the sidelines and he got camp about 15 free tickets. The program staff, Molly, some other staff and their families, and I all went up to enjoy the game. It was a good time and in the end the Colts won a much closer game then was predicted.
After the game we went to a place called Jillians. The 1st floor is a restaurant, the 2nd is an arcade, and the top floor is a bowling alley/pool hall. It was a neat place and after a certain time it closes to kids so it becomes a giant adult playground.
Well I am back to my little corner of the world here in Nashville. I am looking forward to Theology on Tap tonight, and I think we have some festive Holiday events going on around here this week also.
Keep up the fight, and Happy Advent.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's too bad Nashville, IN didn't get the experience of seeing Loader #3 in a speedo. Hark the herald angels sing!
Post a Comment