Saturday's flight was reality uneventful. I did have a 1/2 delay in Chicago but got into Des Monies with out to many problems. After meeting up with the family, pregamming it at the free bar in the hotel and a quick supper, we headed off to the Tonic Sol-Fa Concert. We had great seats and they were filming the concert for use in a PBS special, so that was cool. They called out the guy sitting right in front of me and talked to him throughout the concert which was pretty funny until the second half of the concert.
They said they needed three people up on stage for a contest and it just so happens that there were three bearded guys in one row. Yep, that's right, Dad, a guy named Marty, and I got called up on stage to have a Deck the Halls sing off contest.
Well as they were getting to know us all a little bit better it turns out that Marty is really Fr. Marty and is a Roman Catholic Priest. Of course they loved this and made a big deal about it. They the found out that I worked for a Catholic camp and thought God was sending them a message. When they found out dad was a Deacon they were speechless.
The details of the singing are not really that important. I will say that Fr. really knows how to rock out and I think dad has a bit of a clubbing past that I don't know about. In the end they gave us all free CDs and let us sit down.
What is going on in this picture? Well sheep are being sheared. What does this have to do with me? Well my sister and mother ganged up on me like Al Capone and Bugs Moran. I was just an innocent non-corrupt citizen of Chicago and got both my beard cur and my hair. I was forced to break my over half a decade record of not paying for a haircut. All I am saying is this: do the sheep look happy?Keep up the fight and have a Happy Advent
3 comments:
whoa, wait... are you SHORN now? like, the beard's gone? or just trimmed?
and i still love that you guys got up and sang. can't wait to see it on PBS.
As all of you know, Andrew does have a slight tendency to exaggerate! Regarding his hair and beard, I would say a nice trim and shaping described what happened to him. The hair growing down the neck, etc wasn't attractive at all!
He left out the part about the shopping for new clothes story! HE said he needed a new pair of pants and Liz and I tried to take it from there. I don't know where I failed, but somewhere along the line he lost his fashion sense! We managed a pair of darker khaki pants and a pair of "dress jeans" that he can wear for evening functions and 2 shirts! (Don't think he has too many, but the thought was good!) We explained that carpenter jeans might be a little on the way out!
Concert was fun and he did a great job. Ed was way out of the box and shocked us all!
We're glad to have Andy home with us. We consider whenever the kids come to see us as special gifts and cherish the fun and fellowship. The wine is good, too!
Happy holidays from the Millers in Iowa.
Be thankful for hair, some have very little (turning into none!). It was great to hear about the concert, although, I'm a bit concerned for those who had to listen to you sing.
Post a Comment